Landlords & Investors
Designers & Developers
Accessible Letting Scheme
Accessible Letting Scheme Training
Contact & More
We help progressive Local Authorities to house tenants with Accessible Housing needs across all tenures - e.g. Emergency Accommodation, Homelessness and Long Term Housing.
Good quality, affordable, sustainable and wheelchair accessible housing? Not a pipe dream, but an innovative new model, funded by Homes England, the Nationwide Foundation and One Public Estate.
Solving today's Local Authority housing challenges needs new models. AccessiblePRS are partnered with Agile Property to deliver homes on land that's free and hidden in plain sight, that conventional developer-led solutions do not consider as accessible or viable. We are not developers, and do not purchase land. Instead we work with land owners to deliver low carbon, modular, affordable homes. Our approach also adds significant social value – proven to be 97p value added for every £1 cost of each home. Delivery of homes allows significant revenue savings to a Local Authority. And we are able to help access funding to cover revenue and capital costs of the development.
We are about creating a
supply for Local Authorities, shifting away from the fraught daily search for PRS beds, hostels and accessible properties, and reducing the LA accommodation budget overspend. We have pilots on the ground already in Bristol and Torbay, and our objective is to pilot this with other innovative LAs.
Schedule a Zoom Call with Guy Harris
Image above is illustrative only. Properties can be designed to any configuration.
We are partners with Agile Property. They support our work by manufacturing good quality, sustainable housing individually or at scale, that can be designed on a property by property basis, or by property design type. They comply with Nationally Defined Space Standards, exceed Building Regulations and meet the 2025 Future Homes Standard. The properties surpass the Housing Industry Standard 60 years Design Life. The homes are made predominantly from natural materials (timber and straw), so bank carbon (a one bed home banks 27 tonnes of atmospheric carbon). They are energy efficient, and can be delivered in 24 weeks from point of order. They solve multiple housing issues, and not just one siloed approach - which invariably tends to exclude accessibility.
Our homes are built, using MMC (prefabricated homes) with a design that can allow a property to be moved. Whilst moving a property is not desirable, it is possible. So if after, say, an initial 15 year lease, your local authority decides it wants to allocate the land to some other use, the property can then be moved to another similar plot. This removes the risk that Local Authority has with traditional developers, where the LA has to make a choice to sell the family silver (their land).
Meanwhiling and Pilot Schemes
Our solution is flexible. It needs to be: Local Authorities are large and complex organisations, and faced with the daily pressures of housing, putting a new model in place can seem too remote to consider, despite
leaders asking for new solutions
. As a
with existing partners, we've been able to use
- as small as one home - to unlock a situation, and demonstrate cost savings and solutions that our LA partner hadn't even hoped for! Solutions don't need to tie in an LA forever, and there is no risk for the Local Authority: no selling of land, no giveaways. Additionally, as we can do the heavy lifting, there is no extra resourcing required by the LA. Sounds too good to be true? Please schedule a call so we can present ourselves in more detail.
Schedule a Zoom Call with Guy Harris
If any of the following sounds familiar (not an exhaustive list!) we'd be pleased to hear from you to talk you through how we can help, by providing good quality, sustainable and wheelchair accessible homes:
- known wheelchair users waiting months and years for suitable housing to become available.
Rehousing Post Trauma
- an existing resident, having suffered an injury and disability, unable to return to their home as it doesn't meet their accessibility needs.
Unsuitable and costly housing
- a young disabled person locked into an end-of-life residential care facility due to lack of suitable housing.
- people with accessible housing needs wanting to relocate due to work, family and other reasons.
- sofa surfers and homeless people with accessible housing needs, but nowhere to house them.
PRS Landlord Selling Up
- and evicting existing wheelchair user tenant who can't find anywhere suitable in the PRS.
Vulnerable people locked in to an abusive situation
- a need for emergency accommodation that is also wheelchair accessible.
Want to learn more?
I am a prospective
Landlord / Investor
Housing Service Provider
Developer / Designer
If you are a prospective tenant, please
use this form
Do not fill in this field. It is an anti-spam measure.
for further information.
This site uses
Agree and close